Insect bites are common in summer. Bees, wasps, mosquitoes, ticks. Rejoicing in the hot summer weather, deciding to run on the grass, walk between flowering bushes, remember that there is always the threat of being bitten.
Itch and swelling after a bite are the most troublesome.
We have already told you how universal the essential oils are in their beneficial effects(Essential Oils For Wasp Stings) on human health, and the cases of insect bites are no exception.
Remember that the first aid from wasp sting – insect bites is a lavender essential oil. Immediately after the bite, rub 2-3 drops of lavender oil into the bite. It will ease the burning sensation and prevent severe swelling.
Wasp Sting Infection – How does the bite?
The first manifestation of a bite is a sharp pain at the site of its application. After that, oedema quickly increases. Its size depends on how strong the local reaction to insect venom is.
One stung oedema can be quite insignificant and form only at the site of the bite, while another can spread far from the wound and be very impressive, disrupting the normal rhythm of life. In the overwhelming majority of cases, the victim’s well-being is restored within 1 hour.
In some patients, the development of anaphylactic shock, which has 4 degrees, is observed due to the penetration of poison into the body.
With a mild degree of such shock, this condition cannot be called life-threatening, and the patient feels normal already several hours after the bite. In this case, the symptoms of the body’s bite reaction include:
- headache of varying intensity
- general weakness
- rapid pulse
The victim of the bite should immediately be given rest and if possible provide antiallergic means. If deterioration is not observed, then there is no need to call an ambulance.
With A Moderate Degree Of Damage To The Above Symptoms Are Added:
- drop in blood pressure
- respiratory failure
In this case, a person needs professional medical care. Without it, there is a high risk of severe health consequences and even death is likely.
Severe damage is a direct threat to the life of the patient, and in the absence of timely assistance, the risk of death of the victim is very high.
Symptoms Of This Condition Are:
- rapid cardiovascular development
- severe respiratory failure
The victim needs urgent medical attention. Before the arrival of “ambulance,” it should be laid. If possible, it is necessary to give the patient an antiallergic drug, but to offer heart medications before the arrival of doctors should not be.
An extremely severe degree of lactic shock is manifested by the rapid development of laryngeal oedema, as well as by almost immediate cardiac arrest.
In this situation, nearly 100% of mortality is observed even with timely medical assistance. This condition occurs exceptionally rarely and most often after a massive attack of wasps and in the presence of a particularly strong allergic reaction to their poison.
If The Victim Wasp Is A Child
Much more often than adults, children are victims of wasps, since their curiosity often leads to close contact with this stinging insect. At the moment of the bite, the child has extreme, burning pain, due to which the stung toddler may experience severe fright.
Adults who are close to the injured should not panic, like an allergy to wasp poison is rarely found even among young children.
Immediately after the child was stung by a wasp, it must be calmed down and given first aid. You need to act as quickly as possible to prevent the spread of poison throughout the body. When assisting, it is necessary to take the following steps in this order:
- give an antihistamine medication (when resting with children in nature, you should always carry means for allergies).
- to prevent the spread of poison, put a tourniquet for 10 minutes (until the absorption of antiallergic drugs) above the bite if it fell into an arm or leg.
- treat the wound with an antiseptic.
- wipe the bite with a cotton swab moistened with lemon juice, which can neutralise the poison of the wasp.
Swelling & itching at the site of the bite can last up to 3 days, which is considered normal.
”If these troubles continue longer, then you should visit the doctor without delay”.
Wasp stings in the throat, face and ears are the most dangerous for the child because in these places the vessels are located close to the skin surface and therefore there is a high probability of an acute allergic reaction to insect venom, which in the absence of urgent medical care can cost the baby life.
General Rules For Helping A Wasp Sting In An Adult
You can do self-medication only if a single wasp sting and did not fall on the mucous membrane area. There is no need to search in the bite sting site since the wasp does not leave it.
After a meeting with an insect, which ended in a bite, you should as soon as possible provide yourself (or another victim) with the necessary assistance according to the following scheme:
- treat the bite site with an antiseptic preparation (ideally, medical alcohol).
- put in place the bite cold to reduce swelling.
- drink an antihistamine.
- drink 2 glasses of water after the wound has been treated and the same amount – after 30 minutes.
- lie down (preferably in a darkened room) for at least 1 hour.
During this time, the body will have time to cope with the resulting portion of poison, and a large amount of water will contribute to the early elimination of toxins. An urgent appeal for medical help is required if, despite all the measures taken, the victim’s well-being remains unsatisfactory.
This indicates a severe intolerance to the poison of the wasp and allergies to it (despite taking antihistamines).
Home Remedies For The Treatment Of Wasp Stings
To reduce the discomfort after an unsuccessful meeting with the wasp, you need to know simple home methods to improve the condition of the victim.
- For quick relief of itching and pain, you can use fresh mint leaves. For treatment, you need to take 2-3 leaflets, grind them to a state of gruel (in extreme cases, you can chew) and attach to the sore spot for 10-15 minutes.
During this time, the juice of the plant will have time to penetrate as deeply as possible into the skin and the tissues located below and eliminate unpleasant sensations. Repeated mint application is usually not required.
- Tea tree essential oil is a great helper in the treatment of wasp stings. It is enough to lubricate the bite with them, and the pain will begin to subside almost instantly. Also, oedema also decreases. Use oil if necessary, you can 1 time in 2 hours.
This natural medicine not only relieves pain and swelling but also produces a pronounced disinfecting effect, because of which it can be applied instead of alcohol antiseptic.
- To relieve itching, which is very strong in many victims, you can use a soda solution. To prepare the medicinal composition, you should take 1 tablespoon of baking soda and dissolve in 1 glass of water.
After that, in the resulting preparation moisten the bandage and apply it to the affected area for 30 minutes. With a firm drying bandage, it is pre-moistened. Carry out the procedure no more than 1 time in 3 hours.
If the sting of the bite is unbearable, then it is possible to use gruel, not a solution. To get it, a tablespoon of soda is diluted with water so that it turns out to be a paste, which is applied to the bite site.
Leave it only for 10-15 minutes due to unusually strong action.
- If you immediately use a piece of sugar after a bite, then this will quickly remove the poison of the wasp. To draw the maximum amount of insect poison out of the wound, you should take a piece of sugar and, lightly moisten it with water, apply it directly to the scar left by the sting.
Keep sugar should be at least 25 minutes. During this time, he pulls out the poison, due to which he can avoid extreme oedema.
- A dressing with vodka will prevent bite infection and reduce swelling. It is enough to bandage the sore spot with a sterile bandage, richly soaked with a drink.
- When the bite is excruciating and hot, you can use the tomato pulp to solve this problem. Small vegetables are merely cut in half, and a slice is cut from a large tomato. A piece of tomato is applied to the sore spot and fixed with a bandage.
It is necessary to leave such natural medicine for 30–40 minutes. After removing the tomato, the sore spot is examined and, if severe pain is still felt, they put a new portion of the tomato.
- Parsley allows you to quickly remove the pain and swelling after meeting with the wasp. For the treatment of a few sprigs of this fresh grass, it is necessary to chew well and apply the resulting mass to the sore spot.
Parsley should be fixed on the bite with a bandage or piece of cloth and leave for 1 hour. In the overwhelming majority of cases, after removal of the dressing, oedema disappears almost completely.
- When there are aspirin tablets in the home medicine cabinet, it’s not very difficult to get rid of the effects of the bite. If after receiving the bite less than 10 minutes have passed, you need to crush 1 tablet to a state of powder and add a little water.
This should result in a thick paste. It is applied to the sore spot and left to act for 1 hour. During this time, the drug completely relieves pain and maximally neutralises the effect of the poison.
A Recipe For Relieving Swelling And Itching After A Bee Sting And Wasp
After a bee sting or wasp, the first thing to do is pull out the sting. This can be done with nails, picking up the tail of the sting or tweezers. After that, you should try to squeeze as much poison from the wound. It is he who gives swelling and itching after a bite.
After that, you should apply a compressor paste from insect bites. Here are two universal recipes.
Bee Sting Or Wasp Paste
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 drop of chamomile oil
- 1 drop of lavender oil
How To Use:-
In a small bowl, mix the soda by adding essential oils. Gradually add water to make a paste.
Apply this paste to the site of the bite and cover with a bandage or sterile cloth on top. Repeat the procedure until the pain subsides and the swelling does not subside.
Compress To Relieve Swelling And Itching From A Wasp Sting
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 5 drops of lavender
How To Use:-
In a small bowl, mix vinegar and lavender essential oil. Moisten a cotton ball in this liquid and attach to the bite site. Apply the compress until the swelling subsides.
These recipes for paste and compress are also suitable for flea bites, mosquitoes, ticks and other insects.
Essential Oils For Wasp Stings – You Can Also Add A Few Drops:
- tea tree essential oil. Tea tree oil effectively cleans the wound after a bite, helps reduce itching, burning and reduce inflammation.
- chamomile essential oil. Chamomile essential oil is an excellent antispasmodic, has excellent soothing, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and relaxing properties. It is well suited to relieve pain and inflammation.
- Eucalyptus essential oil. Eucalyptus has powerful antiseptic properties and prevents the development of any infection and inflammation after a bite. It is one of the best oils to prevent and reduce the likelihood of infection after a bite.
Essential Oil Repellent
It is a powerful repellent. This essential oil protects against blood-sucking insects, removing swelling, itching, pain and hyperemia in the area of? The bite of some small reptile (wasps, mosquito, mosquito, gadfly,).
Saves from mosquitoes and moths. Eliminates itching, swelling, pain after the bite of wasps, bees, mosquitoes, gadflies. 15 to mix with 50 ml of base oil, body lotion or tonic, apply evenly on exposed areas of the body.
At the beginning of the last century, Melissa was rightly recognized as the best repellent, eliminating itching, burning, swelling and redness after insect bites.
In the summer without rosemary, do not even think to be thrust into places of large concentrations of bloodsucking creatures, especially with children. Wood-camphor veil repellent lotion applied to the skin saves from the bites of blood-sucking insects (in 100 ml of lavender water add rosemary – 20 k and lavender – 20 k).Well, if the “bite is already done,” rosemary applications eliminate burning, itching, redness and swelling.
Anise oil is a great repellent. Plus, it is detrimental to bird ticks, lice and fleas. Anise is a beautiful lull: his song is the song of “sweet dreams” (albeit in a duet with neroli) in an aroma lamp lit for the night. Anisic course should not exceed three weeks. It is recommended to use in moderate doses and not for a long period.
In tropical countries, geranium is used as an effective repellent to repel mosquitoes and mosquitoes and as a means to alleviate the effects of the sabotage attack of the bloodsucking brethren (swelling, pain, itching, burning, redness).The addition of geranium oil in animal shampoos will protect our four-legged brothers from the attack of ticks, which cannot stand the smell of a wonderful scarlet flower.
It expels moths and mosquitoes. The everyday aspect of lavender power: aromatisation of linen and removal of greasy stains from clothes.
It is a repellent. It also eliminates puffiness, itching, burning and redness at the bites of blood-sucking insects and wasps.
- STYX MIXTURE “FRESH AIR”
Repellent. Means for accustoming to the order of pets (discourages habit shit in the apartment). It is used to flavour alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. Keep fresh food in the fridge and pantries.
Since ancient times, cinnamon oil has been used to neutralise snake and wasp venom and, as a repellent, to protect against insects. But this is not all: cinnamon is an effective antifungal, anti-pedicular, anti-acne an anthelmintic agent.
- CHIN-MIN LOTION
It relieves itching, redness and swelling (if the bite has already been taken) and works as a repellent (do not give a bite).If you are allergic to insect bites, use hyssop, rosewood, chamomile. And if a seal has appeared after the bite of the midge, make an oil compress (on black cumin oil) with a mixture of lavender, chamomile and myrtle.
Clove is a vibrant, saturated, dominant oil, so its use requires minimal concentrations, except when we use this fragrance with a repellent purpose. He is excellent in the field of exile insects, in particular – mosquitoes and moths.Do not use with increased nervous excitability, during pregnancy, children up to 3 years. Requires increased attention to dosages!
It is a repellent that will scare off a brazen mosquito. The ether formula nayoli solves any problem of injuries, eliminating pain, swelling, inflammation with bruises, sprains, abrasions and burns.
- Apply the compress is necessary always until the swelling subsides! Otherwise, the swelling may appear again.
- In case of a bite, it is also advised to take something from allergies.
- If you observe a great reaction to the bite, the swelling is, and no compresses help – consult a doctor.
How To Prevent Wasps
Wasps rarely attack first and bite only for protection. As wasp’s aggression, they regard not only a direct attack on them but also sudden movements, so caution should be exercised to drive away from the intrusive insect. To minimise the risk of a wasp sting, you should:
Avoid Staying In Places Of Mass Wasps
Carefully examine all products when they are used in nature or after purchase from an open counter:
refuse to walk barefoot in areas where wasp dwellings can be located in the ground:
Do not leave unattended open bottles of beer and sweet drinks during their stay in nature. Their flavours are very attracted to wasps, and they can easily penetrate the dishes, which is why an attempt to take a sip can turn a wasp bite into the mouth cavity or even into the throat.
Since it is still impossible to fully protect yourself from wasp stings, you should always have anti-allergic drugs and antiseptic on hand. Wasps are found not only outside the city, but also in the conditions of a megapolis, and therefore in the warm season, one should not forget about these medicines when leaving the house.