One of the main questions that worry mothers and adolescents: why do girls of 14 years have a delay in menstruation? Surely everyone could hear about such problems, but not everyone faced them. So what is the reason irregular periods in teenage years? Is it possible that poor ecology and nutrition can lead to such consequences? Or does it depend on each individually? This article will help us answer these questions.
Puberty In Girls Occurs From About 13 To 15 Years.
Why is menstruation delayed for girls of 14 years, and what could be the reason for the delay? During this period, the hormonal background and physical development change, the girls begin the menstrual cycle and do not worry if one year or two is unstable.
This is natural for the teenage body. There are many factors that can affect the hormonal background. But if, after this time, a teenager of 14 years continues to have a delay in menstruation, you should contact a pediatric gynecologist.
In every teenager, menstruation begins at a different age. Someone comes at 11 years old, at someone – at 14. The brain regulates the changes that are associated with menstruation. It is able to transmit nerve impulses to the pituitary, hypothalamus. The menstrual cycle can last from 22 to 34 days. It is necessary to count from the first day of menstruation to the first day of the following.
Reasons For The Delay In Periods
In order to understand why there was a delay in the menstrual cycle, it is necessary to exclude factors that affect the menstrual cycle. After all, just like that, menstruation does not stop and is not violated. The reasons for the delay in menstruation in girls of 14 years:
- Constant stress.
- Wrong diet.
- Lack of physical activity or excessive physical stress.
- Moving to another country.
- Weight gain or weight loss.
- Injuries, swellings of female organs.
- Disruption of the body, the metabolism is most often disturbed.
- Female congenital diseases.
Delayed menstruation in adolescents of 14 years can occur for specific reasons what signs that a violation has occurred can be determined through consultation, an examination by a gynecologist.
Unbalanced Diet – Irregular Periods In Teenage Years
In their early years, adolescent girls try to follow different foods and keep an eye on their figure. But without even knowing what consequences diets can lead to. With a limited menu, the body is not saturated with useful trace elements and vitamins.
Some parents do not pay the necessary attention to this issue. Although, in vain. If you do not start consuming the daily norm of useful minerals in time, girls may begin to have a hormonal malfunction, that is, a delay in their periods. Those with whom they have already started may stop for a while.
In this situation, treatment cannot be neglected. Diets can be eliminated.
It is necessary to monitor the intellectual development of a teenager carefully because mental retardation can also negatively affect menstruation. This also occurs due to the fact that the brain does not receive a reasonable amount of vitamins and minerals.
But it is worth not to abuse the food. Being overweight or obese is also a common cause of cycle delays.
To Avoid These Nuances, You Should Adhere To The Following Rules:
- Do not eat store chips, crackers, corn sticks. Introduce low-fat varieties of fish and meat into the diet.
- You should switch to five meals a day. The interval between meals should be 2-3 hours. During this time
- The body completely, slowly, digest food.
- If necessary, replace fats of animal origin with fats of plant origin.
- Eat small amounts of food.
- Take vitamins daily.
- Whenever possible, it is worth eating fresh vegetables and fruits.
- Hot dishes should not exceed 55 degrees, and cold – 15 degrees.
Also, an essential stage in adolescence is a visit to the Doctor. An annual blood test should be taken annually. Thanks to this, you can control sugar, hemoglobin, and other vital indicators.
After all, a lack of these substances can lead to a stop in your period. If the results are underestimated, you need to use drugs containing iron and folic acid.
Self-medication is not recommended, be sure to follow the Doctor’s prescription.
Exercise very well affects the development of the body in adolescence. The main thing is not to overdo it. All you have to do is attend every physical education lesson in school to keep your body and body fit. Subject to all this, menstrual irregularities will not occur.
If you abuse physical activity, lift weights – heavy bleeding can begin. You can not do physical education from the first to the last day of menstruation.
The hormonal background is very closely related to the psychological, emotional state.
Stress, overwork, heavy loads at school, experiencing, conflicts, and other stressful situations can lead to disruption of the menstrual cycle. Teenage girls and parents should carefully approach this issue.
It’s better not to bother the teenager with intimate questions once again because the result can be the opposite since the nervous system affects the hormonal.
In order for the psychological state of being always healthy, it is essential to observe the daily regimen. A strong and healthy sleep for 10 hours is needed to restore the teenage body.
Frequent hormonal disruptions are present in adolescence at the onset of critical days. Different factors can serve for this:
- Endocrine system disease.
- Improper and irregular nutrition.
- The presence of infection in the body.
At first glance, the problem that is present in a teenager may seem harmless. But neglect of health can lead to very fraught consequences. We must not forget that hormonal imbalance often leads to diseases of the reproductive system.
What To Do To Restore The Cycle?
Some teenagers do not fully understand why a delay of 14 months is dangerous and affects the entire menstrual cycle. In cases of cycle disruption, first of all, it is necessary to consult a pediatrician. As already mentioned, – self-medication can lead to undesirable consequences.
In girls of 14 years old, the body is rebuilt and with it the hormonal background. Estrogen begins to be very actively produced – this is a hormone that is involved in the process of ovulation and menstruation.
If for some reason, the girl does not start menstruating, this suggests that perhaps the body suffers from a lack of hormone. The state of the reproductive system can be studied using diagnostics.
The Reasons For The Delay In Menstruation In Adolescents 12-17 Years Old
In the life of every girl, the moment necessarily comes when menstruation begins to go. Spotting on panties first scares the teenager. Then they become commonplace.
But suddenly the girl has a 13-year delay in her period. What to do, what to think about, is there really something wrong in the body?
Studying the features of menarche and the first menstruation over the next two years, we can conclude about the restructuring of the reproductive and hormonal systems. Untimely bleeding in teenage girls is normal. What is the reason for their instability, we will consider in the framework of this article?
Features Of Puberty In Girls
Puberty is the body of girls falls at the age of 8 – 18 years. The first puberty signs are manifested by the hairiness of the axillary and pubic zones, an increase in the mammary glands and the volume of adipose tissue. If the mother notices these signs, then her daughter will begin menstruation in the next 1.5 – 2 years.
Often the menarche happens at the age of 11-14. Sometimes menstruation begins to go earlier, for example, at 9 – 10 years, or later – at 15 – 16 years. Deviation from the norm does not always indicate pathology, but this fact should not go unnoticed by parents and a doctor.
The early menarche is faced by full-bodied and physically developed girls. In thin teenagers, the first bleeding occurs no earlier than 12 years.
The process of puberty is purely individual and laid down genetically. If the mother herself saw the first menstruation at 12 – 13 years old, her baby will begin bleeding at about the same time. However, due to the rapid growth of modern youth, monthly periods in adolescents now go much earlier than in previous generations. The difference for today is one year.
The regularity of menstruation in a girl of 12-14 years old depends on the proper functioning of the pituitary and hypothalamus. The malfunctioning of these parts of the brain becomes a significant cause of delay in adolescence.
What To Do When Periods Are Late – Irregular Periods In Teenage Years
If a girl under 15 has never had a monthly period, gynecologists call this an abnormal delay in physiological development. If the menarche was timely, but the next menstruation did not start on schedule, it is essential to establish the reasons for the delay and take therapeutic measures.
Factors That Affect The Stability Of Menstruation In Adolescents:
- Hormonal imbalance. A rough voice, the absence of formed mammary glands and male-type hair growth indicate the predominance of male hormones in the girl’s body. Unstable periods indicate estrogen deficiency.
- Underdevelopment of the genitals and trauma/surgery. Irregularly formed organs, like damaged ones, can affect the duration of menstruation. Pathology is easily diagnosed during a gynecological examination. The optimal age for consideration is from 15 years.
- Increased mental or physical stress. An active lifestyle, the desire to succeed everywhere, the daily implementation of a large number of lessons and a tutor’s visit provoke a lack of free time and burn fat. Its deficiency causes the brain centers to block ovulation.
- Bad habits. Smoking, taking drugs, and alcohol delays the onset of menstruation in young ladies.
- Medicines. Taking certain medications can disrupt the coordinated work of the reproductive system. The main culprits are synthetic hormones. Hormonal contraceptives for young girls can not be used, because they affect menstruation.
- Psycho-emotional status. In a growing up child, relations with parents and classmates can be complicated, and this affects the cycle. The situation is aggravated by first love, especially unrequited. Experiences make the girl withdraw into herself. Lack of timely bleeding increases stress. Menstruation is adjusted independently only after the elimination of this factor.
- Sex. The onset of sexual activity in puberty causes a delay in menstruation in a girl of 14 years old (age deviations are allowed) and pregnancy. When the young lady’s personality is becoming established, it is important for parents not to miss this moment and build a trusting relationship with their daughter. Proper sex education and knowledge of simple methods of contraception will prevent the consequences of the early sex life of a growing child.
The desire to lose weight sometimes leads teenagers to exhaustion. The limited consumption of nutritious food and the unbridled passion for harmony become the cause of anorexia nervosa. This condition violates the functions of the whole organism and negatively affects the genital area.
Symptoms Of Delayed Menstruation
Delayed menstruation in some girls affects the psycho-emotional side of the personality. The daughter is annoyed by trifles, tears of anger at innocent people around or becomes lethargic and apathetic.
If the years go by, but the menarche does not, it is necessary to pay attention to the external image of the girl. If the figure is not modified according to the female type, parents should show the child to the gynecologist and endocrinologist.
If the second menstruation in girls occurs with a delay of 20 – 45 days, do not worry. Such a cycle is not considered abnormal. But when there is no bleeding for several months or six months, or their duration fluctuates sharply (9 days in one month and three days in another), you need to consult a pediatric gynecologist urgently.
The complete absence of menstruation in a teenage girl, which is accompanied by a lack of puberty, doctors identify with primary amenorrhea.
If at the age of 14, the girl does not have pubic hair and armpits, the mammary glands do not grow, and menstrual bleeding does not appear, the Doctor will diagnose amenorrhea.
A girl of 16 years old with a full set of signs of puberty, the gynecologist will establish the same diagnosis if she has not yet had her period.
In general, adolescence has not established standards for the duration and regularity of the cycle. Tracking the proportion of bleeding for moms will help a simple count. Having allocated a pocket calendar for menstruation, you need to keep it with your daughter and mark the arrival of critical days.
So it is recommended to do during the first two years after the menarche.
Becoming a menstrual function is a lengthy process. Until the body is finally rebuilt, the delay in menstruation in adolescents is average, but pathological causes of the irregular cycle are also possible.
Why Are There Monthly Delays In Adolescents?
The first menstruation appears in girls aged 12-15 years. At this time, there are cardinal changes in the hormonal background. There is a gradual formation of the reproductive system. Irregular periods for the next 1–2 years are typical for girls.
Long-term menstrual irregularities in adolescence can be caused by both external factors (stress, overwork) and internal deviations in the functioning of vital systems.
Causes of delayed menstruation in girls
Possible Factors – Description
- Unbalanced diet. Abuse of prepared food (dog dogs, burgers, french fries), carbonated drinks, spicy sauces, and sweets leads to metabolic disorders and obesity. Exhausting diets, partial starvation (often found among adolescents) can also negatively affect the young body. This leads to catastrophic weight loss and, as a result, leads to severe malfunctions in the hormonal background – a decrease in the production of sex hormones, poor health, sore menstruation
- Significant physical exertion – Excessive training in any sports field (dancing, fitness, aerobics, gymnastics, swimming, running) much exhaust the young body, which leads to a lack of necessary substances for the normal functioning of all vital systems, including the production of female hormones. As a result, there are serious deviations in the menstrual cycle. Menstruation is strongly delayed or even stops going for several months in a row.
- Emotional overstrain, stress at school, mental overwork – Unrest due to lessons, relationships with peers, or first love affects the general condition of the girl and the hormonal background in particular.
- Climate change – Irregular periods are considered a normal body reaction to changes in climatic conditions. Girls only form sexual function, so any changes in time of the external environment affect the cycle.
- Hypothermia – It provokes inflammatory processes in the genitourinary system, which ultimately negatively affects its functioning – menstruation is delayed, can be very painful and plentiful.
- Infectious diseases of the genitourinary system (vaginitis, cystitis, endometritis, pyelonephritis) – Inflammation and infections are common causes of menstruation. At this time, there is apathy, a painful condition, fever, loss of strength, and a delay in menstruation for two or more months.
- Endocrine pathologies (diabetes, thyroid problems) – Impaired metabolic processes in the body, poor functioning of the pancreas or thyroid gland – all this, first of all, affects the formation of sex hormones, which leads to irregularities in the menstruation cycle.
- Hormonal imbalance – Female hormones – estrogen or progesterone – are much higher than normal. This means that pathological processes develop in the genitourinary system, except for pregnancy, when such an increase is considered the norm.
If menstrual flow occurred earlier than 11 years or later, 16 is a sign of pathological disorders in the formation of reproductive function. It is necessary to visit a gynecologist and find out the cause of this condition.
Which Doctor Should I Go To?
If there are no long periods, there is a reason to consult a doctor. The female reproductive system is handled by a gynecologist. Girls under the age of 14 are best shown to a child specialist.
During the examination and examination of the patient’s complaints, the Doctor may order an investigation with other doctors – an endocrinologist, a neuropathologist. This means that there are suspicions of pathology that is not related to the girl’s genitourinary system. This happens with endocrine or neurological disorders.
Malfunction, in the menstrual cycle, which lasts more than two months, requires careful study through a comprehensive diagnosis.
What exactly causes a delay in menstruation in adolescents can be found thanks to the necessary medical methods, which include:
- Examination by a gynecologist (up to 14 years old girls are examined through the anus);
- Superficial ultrasound (the sensor is applied to the abdominal cavity and lower abdomen, without penetration into the vagina);
- General and biochemical analysis of blood (the quality and composition of the plasma, the presence of glucose, the level of hemoglobin, the state of white blood cells, red blood cells, kidney and liver tests are studied);
- Urinalysis (the functioning of the urinary system is checked);
- A smear on the flora from the vagina, urethra, and cervix (taken with a unique thin instrument so as not to damage the hymen) – the microflora of the genital organs is examined for pathogenic bacteria that could provoke inflammation.
What To Do With A Delay In Menstruation In A Teenager?
It is possible to accelerate the stabilization of the menstrual cycle if you know the real cause of the adverse disorders:
- If the reason for the rare menstruation is poor nutrition (fast foods or diets), you need to reconsider the diet. Exclude harmful dishes, gas drinks, spicy sauces. It is recommended to give preference to foods that are rich in iron and folic acid (turkey meat, redfish, beets, beans, beef liver, tomato juice, walnuts). The main thing is not to exhaust the body with diets, but to eat balanced.
- In case of severe overwork due to violation of the rest and work regimen, normalize sleep (8–9 hours a day).
- With excessive physical exertion – moderate exercise, do not overload the body. A week before menstruation, reduce the usual pace of classes, limiting yourself to morning exercises and physical education lessons at school.
- To avoid hypothermia – make sure that your legs, stomach, and back are always warm. Clothing should be appropriate for the season.
- If the reason is emotional stress – try to avoid stressful situations, not get nervous over trifles and drink sedative drugs (Valerian, motherwort extract).
In no case should you hide and ignore long delays in the cycle of menstruation? Especially when the long-awaited periods come with severe pain, heavy secretions, and poor health.
Rare menstruation in adolescence is normal if delays are infrequent and occur within two years from the start of the cycle. In this case, stress, malnutrition, and overwork influence the fundamental restructuring of the hormonal background.
If there is no discharge for more than two months, there is a reason to go to the Doctor. A similar condition can be a consequence of inflammatory processes in the genitourinary system, hormonal imbalance, or endocrine disorders.
Delayed Menstruation: Menstrual Irregularities In Adolescents
Late regulation in adolescence is common. However, it is essential to be able to distinguish when it is considered an indicator of the norm, and when it indicates the development of pathology. If the deviations are permanent and accompanied by unpleasant symptoms, it is necessary to consult a gynecologist.
Causes Of Delayed Menstruation In Adolescents
The manifestation of menstrual delay in adolescents is a common phenomenon, which is often associated with hormonal instability or a hereditary predisposition. Usually, the menstrual cycle is restored on its own after 1-1.5 years after the onset of the first bleeding.
Among the common causes of deviations in young adolescent girls are most often distinguished:
- Emotional stress and excessive physical activity, for example, when playing sports;
- Malnutrition, abuse of diets or, conversely, the presence of obesity;
- Processes triggered by microorganisms, such as cystitis, kidney damage, vaginitis. In this case, in addition to the main symptom, the girl complains of pain in the lower abdomen, malaise, and fever;
- Diseases of the endocrine system. The most common disorders that provoke a long delay in menstruation in a teenager include diabetes mellitus and thyroid damage. In the presence of such diseases, bleeding does not occur for several months;
- Hereditary predisposition. Moreover, a similar phenomenon was observed both in the mother of the girl and the closest relatives on the maternal side;
- Hormonal imbalance. It occurs in the presence of serious diseases such as brain tumors, adrenal gland lesions, adenomyosis, endometriosis, and many others.
Attention!!! Appeal to the gynecologist, in any case, is mandatory. If some problems do not require specialized treatment and disappear after eliminating the irritating factor, then others require long-term therapy under the supervision of a doctor.
Signs And Symptoms Of Delayed Menstruation
Menstruation in girls occurs between the ages of 11 to 18 years. At the same time, a prolonged absence of menstruation in adolescents aged 11-12 in the first year of the onset of regulation is the norm. Bleeding, in this case, is absent by the month.
The older the girl, the faster she develops a regular cycle. Long delays in adolescents 15-16 years of age require the consultation of a gynecologist, as they may indicate the development of pregnancy or hidden diseases.
The main symptom of irregular periods in the girl is the absence of bleeding in excess of 7 days.
What Is Considered Normal With A Delay
The deviations from menstruation for 1-7 days are considered the norm of monthly variations in adolescents at a young age. The leading indicator of well-being is considered to be good health and the absence of pathological signs during this period. It is necessary to seek medical help if the deviation is accompanied by:
1. brown or dark brown discharge in the form of a daub;
2. whites with an unpleasant odor and color;
3. nausea, dizziness and other signs of toxicosis;
4. an increase in body temperature.
Important!!! In addition to the above, you should visit a gynecologist if the delay exceeds a week and is observed regularly.
Hormonal Disruptions In Adolescence
Delay in regulation in a teenager occurs for various reasons, including due to hormonal changes. The reasons for this phenomenon are both natural and pathological. The natural features of the delay include a genetic predisposition or taking certain medications.
In this case, cycle correction is not required. Pathologies include:
- Diseases of the pelvic organs, for example, cysts.
- Malfunctioning of the thyroid gland.
- Severe stress and anxiety.
If necessary, the girl has prescribed a course of hormones, which allows stabilizing the condition in a short time.
The occurrence of delayed sexual development in girls is due to both genetic and pathological reasons. Deviation from the norm is the absence of bleeding in girls aged 16-18 years. The main causes of late development include:
- Too low weight, which may be due to genetic reasons, as well as poor nutrition.
- Taking certain medications.
- Transferred psychological trauma, stress.
- Diseases of the reproductive system.
- Conditions that provoke hormonal disruptions.
A prolonged absence of menstruation is a cause for concern, requires immediate consultation of a gynecologist. If necessary, the girl may require drug therapy.
One of the main problems of the lack of regulation is the development of infectious, inflammatory processes. Pathologies of the pelvic organs cause changes in the structure of the uterus or ovaries, which in turn leads to changes in the cycle.
In this case, the discharge is absent for a long time or is accompanied by a number of symptoms. The most dangerous inflammatory diseases encountered include:
- Oophoritis or inflammation of the ovaries.
- Endometritis affects the uterine mucosa – requires the appointment of antibiotic therapy.
- Pelvic peritonitis or swelling of the peritoneum, frequent complications of endometritis.
Important!!! The lack of treatment is the cause of the development of serious complications, including complete infertility.
In What Cases Is A Doctor’s Consultation Required
A visit to a doctor is mandatory if the absence of bleeding in a teenager is accompanied by the following symptoms:
- Pulling, stitching or other types of pain in the uterus and appendages;
- General deterioration of health;
- Nausea, vomiting, dizziness, and diarrhea;
- An increase in temperature;
- Secretions of an unusual texture with an unpleasant odor and color.
Important! Even if the monthly cycle has just begun to be established in a teenager, a delay in regulation for a period of more than two months requires a thorough examination, which eliminates the risk of developing pathology.
Delayed menstruation in a teenager: usual, causes of menstrual irregularities
In girls aged 13 to 16 years, the menstrual cycle is still being established, and during this period, menstruation can be irregular. The timing of the cycle is confused by various factors.
The gynecologist can determine how dangerous a delay in menstruation is in a teenager, but in most cases, such failures can be prevented by the usual care and attention to the girl’s health by the parents.
At What Age Does Menstruation Begin
If the timing of the onset of menstruation comes earlier (at nine years) or much later (after 15 years) – this is already a cause for concern and seeking medical attention.
It takes an average year to establish a normal menstrual cycle. At this time, there is a complete hormonal restructuring of the body. This process can be affected by both external factors and some diseases.
Therefore, at the age of 12-13 years, there is a delay in menstruation and a violation of the menstrual cycle in adolescents.
If such a phenomenon is noted for only one month, you can simply analyze the situation, understand the reason for the delay in menstruation, and try to exclude this factor from the girl’s life. This is the care of the mother or other older woman in the family.
When a delay or other violation of the cycle is repeated several times in a row, it is necessary to take the teenager to a consultation for a gynecologist’s examination. You need to understand the reasons for the delay in menstruation and treat the diagnosed disease.
Causes Of Menstrual Crashes In Girls
While there is a hormonal restructuring of the adolescent’s body, at the age of thirteen or when it is already 14, the girl is more susceptible to any environmental influences. Establishing a cycle is mostly dependent on her lifestyle.
All changes in the body are associated with metabolism. If a teenager eats improperly, abuses heavy foods, uncontrollably saturates in fast-food establishments, this can affect the hormonal background of the girl and become the reason why menstruation is delayed when the cycle is almost debugged.
If a child does not receive them when eating in full, for example, because of a hobby for diets for weight loss, this affects not only his physical development but because of this. A cycle failure can occur since, in any human body, all systems are interconnected.
Passion for sports, intensive fitness training, or even just too active a lifestyle can affect the sexual health of the girl. The reason is the same: more calories are burned; there is a lack of nutrients in the body necessary for the development and formation of the reproductive system.
And therefore, with excessive physical exertion, there is also a delay in menstruation. It is better to make sure that the schedule of classes for the girl somewhere a week before the expected start of menstruation becomes sparing, if possible it is better to limit training in this period.
The main thing is to establish a clear daily routine that will combine:
- rest periods
- full sleep
- obligatory walks in the fresh air
When the girl is 13, she begins a new round of psychological development. It is also associated with changes in her body:
She Begins To Feel Like A Woman
her attitude towards boys as representatives of the other sex is changing;
criticisms from friends or parents are sharper perceived.
The specialist will advise how to restrain the emotionality of the teenager, perhaps prescribe mild sedatives, breathing exercises, give tips on the daily routine and nutrition of the girl.
Hormonal Disruptions In Adolescence
In the first two years, while menstruation is only being established, there are severe cycle failures. In the first case, this can be caused by malnutrition, emotional state, and other reasons for the incorrect organization of the girl’s daily routine.
All these factors, combined together, lead to hormonal failure, when the amount of female hormones – estrogen or progesterone, becomes more than usual. In this case, not only a delay in menstruation in adolescents can be noted, but also appear:
- Pain in the lower abdomen or lower back
- Nausea and dizziness
- Fainting sometimes happens
The cause of the failure can be a prolonged intake of antibiotics, everything that affects the pituitary gland, which is responsible for the production of hormones. A gynecologist will help find the causes of cycle disorders, prescribe a comprehensive therapy, which will include vitamins, homeopathic medicines, and a course of hormonal drugs.
Some girls may have hormonal imbalances when a surge of male hormones occurs in the body. In this case, the gynecologist will select a competent individual treatment that restores the average production of hormones.
Late-onset Of Menstruation
The late onset of menstruation in girls is considered to be the arrival of the first menstruation at an age older than 14 years. This indicates a delay in sexual development and can be caused by both psychological and physiological reasons.
The girl may have an underdeveloped uterus. There may be abnormalities in the pituitary gland. The cause may be tumors. Timely medical intervention will quickly eliminate these problems.
More often, the late onset of menstruation is due to increased emotionality and lack of weight. This reduces estrogen production and delays sexual development.
The Absence Of Menstruation For More Than Two Months
If the girl’s cycle is practically established, but suddenly the menstruation stops for two or more months, you need to seek treatment. The cause may be secondary amenorrhea or oligomenorrhea. It is necessary to undergo a comprehensive examination and a full course of treatment.
It includes complex therapy, the basis of which is the hormonal course. It is important to restore the girl’s cycle and healthy development. Otherwise, it may negatively affect women’s health in the future.
Inflammatory Diseases Of The Genitourinary System
The reason for the delay of menstruation, if this phenomenon is noted for several months in a row, can become a girl’s urogenital system. It is about infection and the development of the inflammatory process.
The cause of infection is bacteria, depending on where they are in the body, inflammation covers:
- Vaginal flora – vaginitis
- Bladder – cystitis
- Uterine mucosa – endometritis
- Renal pelvis – pyelonephritis
With the slightest symptoms: pain in the area of ? Any pelvic organ, delayed menstruation, general, painful condition, apathy, fatigue, fever – you should immediately contact the clinic.
Ultrasound, urine, and blood tests will help specialists establish a clear diagnosis and prescribe the right treatment. The course of treatment will include anti-inflammatory drugs, possibly antibiotics, topical and oral antiseptics, vitamins, and, if necessary, hormonal medicines.
Experts recommend: if your teenager has a hormonal background malfunction, you should consult a pediatric gynecologist. Thanks to diagnostics and analyzes, you can quickly identify the occurrence of a problem.
The first one and a half or two years, the cycle will be unstable. This is a natural phenomenon, as the body is rebuilt. But to be sure, you can go for a consultation with a specialist.
Parents, especially mothers, will always monitor the overall development of their child. Therefore, you should not miss such a critical moment in the life of a girl when she begins to become a woman slowly.